Understand usage patterns by service line, payer, and patient demographics to meet a wide variety of needs by using the following analytic products and solutions.
This OnDemand analytic product applies interactive processing technology to ChimeData to reveal key insights, patterns, and trends.
- Gain critical insights into market performance in customizable service areas and assess market penetration and patterns of in- and out-migration compared to other hospitals.
- Assess utilization performance, anticipate emerging trends, pinpoint opportunities for growth, and understand implications for reimbursement.
- Analyze shifts from inpatient to outpatient care, and assess drivers of ER utilization.
- Compare hospital utilization metrics such as discharge volume, days, average length of stay, charges, case mix index across hospitals, customizable peer groups, and the state.
Hospitals use the Patient Census monthly interactive reports to monitor and compare utilization within and across institutions.
- View monthly trends and year-over-year changes for all inpatient service lines and outpatient categories.
- Identify changes in utilization by payer mix, DRGs, and towns.
- Track utilization data for 13 DRG-based inpatient hospital service lines and 60 outpatient categories based on CPT and UB revenue codes.
This innovative solution provides critical intelligence on the patterns and trends associated with Potentially Avoidable Complications (PACs) and Preventable ED Visits (PEDVs), as well as related healthcare costs, whether they occur in the inpatient setting or within hospital emergency departments.
- Identify the specific procedures and conditions linked to potentially avoidable healthcare costs and relate these back to facility, provider, clinical, and patient demographic characteristics.
- Compare utilization and total cost performance to peers and state benchmarks.
- View costs by payer and period of analysis to determine areas of opportunity for future evaluation.
- Evaluate physician performance associated with PACs and costs.